4/30/2004

Gina's Wildlife Sanctuary...

So, about a week ago I was planting my seeds out on my patio. When I heard this scratching and scrambling and saw below me a squirrel scurry past our apartment from the bushes with a page from a phone book crumbled up, and held in it’s teeth. It was curious, and as the day went on, I saw him/her do the same thing about 4 times.

So last night, I’m trying to go to sleep and I hear this plastic banging noise on my patio. I figure my watering can got knocked over again so I go outside to pick it up and whoa – the squirrel comes running out of the can. Jumped and screamed and dropped the can, the squirrel just looked at me as if to say, “hey – stop shaking my bed”. Turns out, she decided that my patio would make a good home – paper, twigs – you name it, that squirrel stashed it in my little watering can.

So now, I’m trying to figure how to get the squirrel away from my patio and my impending tomato plants so that they don’t eat them all. Of course, my cat loves it – I think she’s been flirting.

No comments: