7/04/2005

Whose a Tart?

I've been hankering to spend more time in the kitchen lately - specifically to try my hand at baking - and more specifically looking at tarts.

With the holiday weekend, and the requisite bbq happening, I cracked open my cookbooks and began searching for the perfect tart to try my hand at. First was the big "savory/sweet" decision, but knowing peaches are a bit better than tomatos in early July I opted for the sweet. And my fear of dough prompted me to search for easy crusts.

While my original craving was for a custard filling, the Peach Sunflower Tart in my Fresh Tastes from the Garden State cookbook was irrisistible.

Gingersnap crust, almond whipped cream filling with peaches & blackberries topping the whole thing off.

Without any baking it was a cinch to prepare and extremely yummy, making the "deconstructing" almost as quick.

Drawbacks were only when slicing, my crust crumbled so the beauty of tart waned, but otherwise I consider my first foray into tarts a success.


Peach Sunflower Tart Corner, originally uploaded by gfiorillo.

No comments: