2/23/2006

I can do it!

Alright, this may not make anyone as happy as me, but I finally created my own reports in Filemaker!

See, I was all happy when I started my new job. Espcially because they use Mac's, and as many of you know, since the purchase of my powerbook a few years ago, I am loving the Mac. The downside is that my years of becoming an Access expert were left in the dust, as Access is one of the few programs that does not cross platforms. So the Filemaker database and I met, with a little trepidation, but since I consider myself pretty tech savvy, and I'm curious and always eager to learn, I thought it would be a piece of cake. Not so.

Many days involved me hitting my head into my desk. Many times I prayed to have Access. And many hours were spent running and rerunning data so that I could get the answers I needed. But with the help of our wonderful Database Designer, a few manuals and the Filemaker forums on google, I've pretty much taught myself what I need to know so that I can run my own report and actually analyze and evaluate all the work I'm doing. Today, I printed my first official "solicitation/designation" reports. Now I can get information on all our fundraising revenue in less that 10 minutes so WOO HOO for me!

No comments: