3/10/2006

Memories....

Growing up in Jersey, I spent lots of time at diners. But before I was old enough to drive, and do the disco fries at 2 am, I spent many a night at one of the greatest ice cream parlors. After all the junior high dance, after movies, and our school concerts we all took our time to head to Jahn Ice Cream Parlor. A few years back, the Jahns in Union closed - it's now a CVS or a Rite Aid or something like that and I felt like a part of my childhood had gone. How excited was I to find that it still exists...even if it's in Queens. I did try the Kitchen Sink once or twice - and Karchamb - who could forget leaving JD's date at the dance so we could hit Jahns with out him. Wonderful, anyone up for a road trip?

1 comment:

KARCHAMB said...

Wow!!! I don't think I've ever been in Queens (at least not for more than a drive through) but this might be enough to bring me there... I remember thinking (back after that KJHS dance) that it was better to be without a date than with someone who made you want to hide out in the girls room so you wouldn't have to be with him!!!