8/15/2006

My first page....

So, I'll admit. I'm a little wedding happy. Once we hit the 1 year mark, it began to creep into my brain, and now has taken over many of the logical thoughts I used to once have. First it was the purchase of the obligitory bridal magazines. Then I began checking out wedding sites like Wedding Channel and The Knot - just looking at ideas, and pretty pictures of cakes. Then I began to have questions, so I headed over to the chat rooms to search for answers. Eventually I began to post the occasional questions, like "has anyone had a bad experiece with x" or "do you know a y in the area". And the slippery slope began. I started reading many of the boards, laughing at some of the issues and sharing the occasional "would you believe what just happened" with Jack. I started answering various questions about how far over budget, where to host a rehearsal dinner, and how to address an invitation and now I have recieved my first "page" (that's when your username is entered as the message subject cause someone has a question) - I'm officially an addicted Knottie.

I will say that the girls (and guys) on the boards have been helpful - at least to the specific questions I've asked. They also help me keep things in perspective, cause when I'll read about a woman in Arizona whose upset that her bridesmaid dresses won't match, I remember the important things - that my family and friends will be there, and party with us, and love us and each other and it doesn't matter if my sister has on a bright orange dress and fruit on her head. But they are also there when I have my bridzilla moments and can't decide how I should do my hair.

Girls, see what happens when your man travels the world and leaves you home with wireless, a laptop and wedding planning!

No comments: