12/31/2006

Happy 2007

New Year's eve has never been a big night for me. For years, I felt there was all this pressure to have a great night. Go to the best party, have the prettiest outfit, have the best night of the year, be with the right person at midnight, and have all those moments that are celebrated movie after movie. That's not to say I never had fun on New Year's, but it always stressed me out.

A few years ago I did have one of those movie moments - at R&J's wedding. And thanks to them, I had a few more as we celebrated the turning of the calendars with dinner and drinks at our favorite restaurant a few times. The stress I feel about New Years has wavered, maybe it's cause I've gotten older, maybe it's because I've now got happy memories to associate with it (such as the nuptials of two amazing people), or maybe it's cause I've found that spending a whole day with my soon to be (2 weeks) husband while pot roast simmers on the stove and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Mint chocolate chunk sits in the freezer waiting dishing out is perfect night. Of course, having a few glasses of wine and not having to drive anywhere is a plus as well.

That's not to say that I'm hanging up my party shoes. I look forward to some Rockin New Year's Eve's in my future. With balloons and confetti and all that jazz.

So hopefully, everyone's having their idea of a fabulous New Year - whatever that may be. Here's a toast to 2007; may it be full of joy and friendship!

No comments: