7/16/2004

You know you're old when...

I'm listening to the classic song, Bust A Move,  (the latest in the long line of cd exchange mixes) and I realize how dated the song really is.  Besides the flashbacks of roller rinks and my junior high music teacher, I noticed that Mr. Young MC quotes "Your movie's showin, so you're going, could care less about the 5 your blowin".  I can't even remember when movies were $5.  Can you?
 
Growing up there was a great theatre by my house.  Two movies and one guy who sold tickets, made the popcorn and ran the film.  (Eric, my big ol' crush and the start of my hippie days).  Now the theatre is a CVS and you have to mortgage your home to take a family of four to the movies.
 
Of course, stadium seating has been a boon, so I guess I'll let nostalgia pass for my reclining seat.  I guess that makes me a sell-out...
 
GF

2 comments:

Smelmooo said...

It is the opinion of the Smelmooo and his "muh honey" that that is your best post yet.

Fun times.

Anonymous said...

Gina,

Once in awhile I check the blogs on the side of Karen's. This one brought back memories-the only problem is that my memories are older than yours- The Jerry Lewis Cinema- movies were less than $5.00 per person( somewhere around $2.00- my memory is failing- and the popcorn guy wasn't as cute as your's. Yes, stadium seating is great but there was something special about sitting with a bunch of friends, watching the previews, laughing,joking around , eating jujubees( 25cents a box!) Hope all is well- loved the pictures of your neice ! Mrs. Archambault.