9/01/2005

Music Man...

Today was the deadline for another CD exchange, hosted by smelmoo. As with all of the exchanges, I puttered around for weeks thinking about the cd.

See, I believe in using themes. Maybe it's the Monk in me but I have this little bit of OCD where I like things to have a connection. Also, using a theme makes it easier to narrow down my collection to 18 songs.

So after a few weeks of this and that, I settled on Food. That was the easy part. The hard part was finding songs about food that were not meant for those under 10. Sure, lots of songs have food mentioned, but really are not about the pleasures of eating or drinking. I wanted songs the celebrated the wonderfulness of tomatoes in the summer, ice cream on a spring day or chili over a campfire. Some of them do, and others I just liked because they were by my man.

Then comes the cover and the song list. I could do an entire entry about fonts and my obsession with color but I'll save that for another day. Let's just say that I am often as proud of my cover as I am of my song selection. So in the end "In The Kitchen" was completed and mailed to the other participants. Hopefully they will all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed compiling.

1 comment:

mickeyg said...

I am quite proud of my list, so I'm always willing to share:
Come On In My Kitchen by Eric Clapton
Yummy Yummy Yummy by Julie London
Suppertime by Ron Taylor
Black Coffee by Ella Fitzgerald
Pancakes by Zuul's Evil Disco
Ice Cream by Cynic Guru
Cheeseburger In Paradise by Jimmy Buffett
Candy Man by Grateful Dead
The Frim Fram Sauce by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong
Banana Split For My Baby by Louis Prima
Malted Milk by Eric Clapton
Coconut by Harry Nilsson
Smokey Joe's Cafe by Loudon Wainwright
Cigarettes And Chocolate Milk by Rufus Wainwright
Farmer in the Field by The Shakewells
Church by Lyle Lovett
Corn on the Cob by Chris Bayne
Billy Bob's Breakfast by Steve Weeks