9/11/2005

Random Thoughts on a Sunday Morning

This weekend was a busy one. A wedding at the shore, and engagement party in Brooklyn, some weekend working and a visit with a friend from CA. Needless to say we spent a lot of time on the road and had some fun adventures.

Here's a question - Is it wrong to point at the gas tank of a Hum-vee and laugh when you are driving down Rt. 18? Actually what made it so funny was it was brand new - still had temporary plates. Please tell me who looks at gas prices these days and says I need a vehicle that will cost $100 bucks to drive 20 miles.

I saw a sign that said "Goose Problems? 1-800..." I can't figure out if that is grammatically correct. It bugged us the whole way home. Jack says that "goose" is referring to a species so therefore it is right. But I think it should be Geese Problems? Whatever, it's still on my mind.

We pulled up to get some gas last night driving home from NY and an older gentleman in a Saab convertible pulled up next to us. He asked if he could pump his own gas or if the attendant had to do it for him. Being we were in Jersey, the attendant said he had to, so the man said "I'm in a rush, so please be quick" We tried to guess where he was from, turns out - NY plates.

And finally, congrats to Anthony & Vikki (pictures posted - see link on sidebar) - enjoy you're honeymoon!

g

1 comment:

KARCHAMB said...

On another random note, I saw this and thought of you http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/shoppe.asp?cat=12&subCat=New+Jersey. Oh, and by the way, I think it depends upon how many geese are causing the problems to which the sign refers. If there is one goose causing havoc across the whole area, they are all having a goose problem. If it is instead a weird gang, populated by geese, randomly vandalizing a small town, then you've got a geese problem. Or is that a gaggle problem? Wow, the amount of thought I'm giving to this frightens me.