12/12/2005

Christmas Christmas Time is Here....

Welcome to the 2005 Christmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! (as stolen from karchamb)

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Cocoa, especially Green & Black's, or mint flavored.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Always wrapped, they look so pretty with all the fun bows and stuff!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Don't do the outside, since we're all apartmenty, but the tree white, colored in some windows, and red and green strands go up as well. Pretty much different each year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, but it's fake. And I always forget to take it down.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Ideally, the first weekend in December, but as long as it's up for my annual party I'm cool.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish (excluding dessert)? Gotta love the whole Christmas Eve dinner at Aunt C's - shrimp, baccala, calamari. And it's not a holiday without some meatballs.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Cara and I heading downstairs to open our stocking at like, 5 am. We couldn't wake up my parents but could open our stocking without them.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Honestly don't remember. And to this day my parents still sign gift "from santa". It's never been acknowledged that he doesn't exist.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The extended family exchanges. Christmas morning is reserved for me, sis, and folks.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? Cheese. Or if my santa is good, chocolate Guinness Cake.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love, love, love. But it definitly sucks to go to work in in and NYorkers don't believe in snow days. Gonna have teach them about that.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My camera was pretty cool. As a child my art set was a big hit for years.
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Traditions with family and friends
15. What is your favorite Christmas Dessert? Everything, but chocolate pudding pie has a special place in my heart.
16. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Besides the whole shebang - cutting down the tree each year; still doing it with Christine after all these years.
17. What tops your tree? A copper star
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving? All of the above. I'm bad at keeping secrets too, so I tend to spill presents before I give them.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (sung by Fozzie Bear). Muppets and John Denver Christmas is my favorite album.
20. Candy Canes! Don't really have an opinion but can't go wrong with anything minty.

g

No comments: