12/20/2005

A Transit Strike For My Birthday, You Shouldn't Have...

So YAY, I woke up and there was a transit strike. Normally I would be all happy, cause I would just work from home and it would be great. Especially cause it's my birthday and then I could be in jammies all day long, and eat leftover cake, and actually get work done without all the annoying stuff. But nooooooo, I had a meeting with our DC and California people who were in town only yesterday and today so I had to go to work.

Decided the easiest thing would be to drive. So prepared to hit balls of traffic over the Verazzano, I was happily suprised when I left the house at 8:15 and at 8:40 was already only about 6 exits away from where I needed to be. But it all went downhill from there - one hour it took to go the last 7 miles of my journey.

I actually made it into work as the 3rd person (out of the7 that made it in, of the 10 that would normally be there). And I was "on time", at least on time for the average start time of the day. And my day was ok. Highlights include flowers from my in-laws and a bee-you-ti-ful and aromatic rosemary tree from my best "woman".

I figured getting home would be ok, and I offered my boss a ride. Well without going into details lets just say 2 hours to get home, I hate street names on Staten Island, and Brooklyn roads suck as well. And the worst part. I have to do it all over again tommorow cause we have intervies scheduled. Grumble grumble.

But J gave me flowers and made me dinner, so birthday day ended on the upside!

No comments: