3/30/2005

Crazy Co-Workers

I try not to rant. I really try not to rant about work, but there's an issue that's got me steamed and I can't seem to let go of it.

About a week ago I noticed a co-worker was not on our email distribution staff list. So I asked if there was a reason and turns out she doesn't want to be.

I was bothered on two levels by this. One, that no-one in our office was told this happened, so for the past YEAR everything we've been sending to staff has not reached her. Two, that she was allowed to opt out - talk about nutty.

Now, I could understand if every day there were emails about the crazy drunken night before, or information about whose band is playing that night. But other than the occasional "So and So baked and there's cookies in the kitchen" email, most are pretty relevant and sent because information needs to be disseminated.

Who knows, maybe she's got it right. I think I'm going to unplug my phone - I don't want to receive calls anymore cause they interrupt my thinking. And for that matter, staff meetings have become a real nuisance. In fact, I think I'm gonna lock my door - no-one needs to communicate with me, right?

Sheesh.

1 comment:

KARCHAMB said...

Hehehe... we've got a guy here who keeps his door closed all the time, with a message that says, "I'm not in. Please sign up for an appointment" whether he's there or not. And his primary role???? -- Student Advising and being ACCESSIBLE to the students!!!! I used to rant about it, but now the irony just cracks me up.