6/30/2005

Data Hell

I am losing my mind. I consider myself a pretty computer literate person. I am self taught, so I am far from knowing all, but most of the time I can figure it all out - therefore I am the IT person in my office.

I have spent the past two days trying to figure out ONE DAMN THING and I am about to have a breakdown. I don't think I could even explain the base part of the problem involving multiple data sources all providing different numbers for what should be the same thing, but lets just say I get past that and move onto running queries in Access. Well, I keep trying to do an update query (which I need to do otherwise the past 5 hours of work will go to waste) and it tells me I have an invalid argument.

Now, I often have invalid arguments - with Jack, my parents and even friends sometimes, but NEVER in queries. So I looked up in the Help section what the *&$^# that means and it turns out

In Windows Control Panel, the Regional Settings property is set to a region that uses a character other than a period (.) as a decimal separator. The settings for properties in data access pages require that the decimal separator be a period for all languages.



Well my setting is to English and has always been set to English so I don't know what the %^&($ #$@&*& %&%#@(* it's talking about.

I hate computers.

No comments: