10/10/2005

News...

I've been wanting to post about this for a while, but for reasons most will understand I have not talked about it much.

Today I officially accepted a new job.

First, let me say - YAY! Then, for all those that are curious about the facts, let's just say that it's one of my favorite organizations, and while I'm not changing job skills, I am changing fields. I'll get to travel, have at least 1 person working for me (hoping to expand the department in the future) and, oh yeah, will be relocating to Brooklyn.

So while I am very, very excited, I am sad to leave my current job. There are some exciting things happening now and I do feel a little bit of guilt that I only gave 3 weeks notice. I know, I know, I should not feel guilty because that's what people do, and 3 weeks is longer than many people give, but I have much pride in what I have built up in the past, and the plans that we had for this year. It's a small office, so when a staff member leaves, those programs just drop...as I learned from the multiple maternity leaves. But I have to get over it and realize that the sun will continue to shine and although I'm good, I'm not completely irreplaceable.

So back to YAY. The next few weeks are going to be exciting, and I'm sure to express my rollercoaster of emotions here!

oh, and something I learned this weekend - don't try to make muffins out of a bundt cake recipe - it doesn't work.

2 comments:

mickeyg said...

Not if I can help it - I think there may be a bed in the Brun-fus area if I were to come by on Tuesday night....

barbara said...

Congratulations on the new job!! I totally understand the whole roller coaster of emotions felt when switching jobs. I just recently switched jobs as well, but in the end... I'm sure you'll be happier than you've ever been. Congrats again!

-B