10/26/2005

Random thoughts about my home

J and I will be moving soon. But in the meantime, many things have come to a head in our apartment lately that are bugging me on various levels that I need to vent about, so I apologize for an extremely boring post with absolutely no fun news.

The mechanism on one of the outer doors is broken so the door does not automatically shut. We have kids who go in and out that door all the time and leave it open. That's annoying enough as it, cause who wants their "front door" wide open all day, but it really annoys me when the wind picks up and it slams the door open against the metal patio railing over, and over, and over. On Sunday I must have closed the door 4 times.

Today J checked the mail, which I guess we haven't done in a while because there was a "second notice" that our mail was being held by the post office. Since we didn't get the first one, I can only assume that we had too much mail and that was being held too. And the notice was dates Monday, so I guess it's been over a week since we checked mail. Which I'll agree is a long time. But really, what's with the whole "mini group mailbox" thing anymore anyway. Especially because at our front doors there are mailboxes that are not used.

Our heating unit broke. Luckily it hasn't been that cold, and they did give us a pretty good electric heater. But I'm worried that they are going to screw us when it comes to the security. They better not or I'll get cranky.

Luckily it's getting colder so the bee/wasp hive on our patio should be able to be gotten rid of soon. I'll be sure to post video of J attempting to remove it with a fire extinguisher, it's sure to be a blast.

Our dishwasher sucks. End of story.

No comments: