5/13/2006

I'm on Vac-ay-tion!

This morning, I woke up bright and early to get on a plane to Louisville, KY. Why am I going to KY - well, I'm getting to spend 3 whole days with my sweetie! I'm very excited!

To go off on a tangent, I know I've been a huge blogging slacker lately. So I'm going to make a resolution to do more. The whole reason I started this was to have a place to muse over those random thoughts that pop into my head, but I've gotten caught up in trying to come up with interesting entries or highlight something - and since not much has been happening, I've had no push to blog.

So today's random thought will be about airports, since I am sitting in one waiting for my flight. This morning, as I pulled up to Newark, it felt really good. I've been doing a lot of traveling lately, and for work we ususally fly out of JFK. For me Newark is just as close, and even a little closer so I choose it whenever I can. So pulling up today, the familiar brown stone walls, and early 60's wing inspired overhangs made me feel at home. I think it's because living so close to Newark, we were often the "aunt so and so's coming to New Jersey, we're going to pick her up at the airport" family, so I remember many trips with my mom or my dad to the airport to get friends and family.

It's also the anticipation of travel. Although I've been jaunting here and there, I haven't burned out yet of travel. I'm in the "I know what I'm doing, but it's still a novelty" phase. I can get through security pretty quick. I know my way around most terminals. And I get a kick out of people watching and free snacks on the plane. It's also one of those times where I'll treat myself to fluff magazines and trashy romance novels.

I don't know if anyone else has warm fuzzy feelings about an airport, but I do.

so with the miracle of drafts - I began this post before I boarded, and am finishing it after I have landed. Newark dropped a few warm fuzzies after we sat on the runway for an hour while a practice security drill tied everything up. Oh well, I don't know if I felt safer flying, but it allowed me to get through all my reading. Now I have to buy another trashy novel.

and now I'm going to meet my guy, eat lots of good food and maybe even watch a little Dora!

No comments: