7/20/2007

Loosy Goosy Writing Roosty

I'm in crunch time for a proposal. Gotta write, gotta write. The lives of millions of people depend on me to successfully write about seeds and breeds and trees (oh my). Ok, maybe not millions, but there are a few. Of course, I've hit a wall. So I thought I would write something that has absolutely nothing to do with biodiversity, or seed saving, or cultural traditions to try to get my brain all creative again.

So what should I talk about - who knows, right now I'm feeling so fried it just feels good to get my fingers typing. I guess I could talk about how excited I am for the family reunion - you know, that one i'm not going to cause i have to work. Yup, that one.

Well even though I'll miss the actual Pool Party part of the reunion, I am going to enjoy some zepploe at the St. Ann's Feast with my cousins. As a child we used to go to so many italian festivals, cause really, there were plenty. But the St. Ann's Feast was always cool cause it involved a trip - Hoboken was SO far away from where I grew up (note the sarcasm for those who don't know where I grew up). And zeppole - oh how I love thee.

After I've eaten, drank and wheel of chanced my way through the streets of Hoboken, the family will rest up for our trip to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. An ongoing sucker for anything historic, I've lived in Jersey my whole life, and other than a school trip that I an BARELY remember, I've never been to the SoL. Mind you, I see it every day on my commute (love that ferry), but as a child it was closed, or there were renovations or something but I never went. Then i was too cool. Now I'm totally cool, but it will be even cooler to check out the family history.

So, let's see if this brain dump can get my fingers typing again for money. Thanks for the mental check off!

No comments: