1/03/2008

Music for the Fashionista

I really like music. And to me, there's no better way of expressing feelings is through a tune and recently, through a friend I began getting hooked on making CD's. To me, coming up with the theme, and then picking all the songs - not just because I like them but because they flow, and there's a message, and together the whole CD is a journey.

So this Christmas I decided that the Fashionista needed to begin her introduction to music from CAG (Crazy Aunt G). So I spent some time coming up with a mix that introduces her to some of my favorite artists, as well as will get her up and dancing and having fun. And not dancing to Britney Spears.

Here Comes The Sun, The Beatles
When You're Smiling, Louis Prima
Optimistic Thoughts, Blues Traveler
Shake It Up And Go, B.B. King
Honey In Your Hips, The Yardbirds
Corn on the Cob, Chris Bayne
I Sing The Body Electric, Me First & The Gimme Gimmies
Happy, The Rolling Stones
Uptight (Everything's Alright), Stevie Wonder
Precious Time, Van Morrison
Heavy Cloud No Rain, Sting
I've Got A Rock N' Roll Heart, Eric Clapton
Spanish Harlem, Aretha Franklin
Minnie The Moocher, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Crazy in Love, Kane
Woman In Love, Bon Jovi
Sugar Magnolia, Grateful Dead
Baby I Love You, B.B. King
Midnight Train To Georgia, Indigo Girls
Banana Pancakes, Jack Johnson
Her Majesty, The Beatles

No comments: