1/21/2008

Photo Friday: Disaster

I consider myself a pretty good cook. Some even say excellent. But occasionally, there are things that should rather be left off my accolades. So when I saw the theme for this weeks photo, I couldn't decide between these two photos.

This first one, well, I wanted to make a pomegranate cocktail. So I needed to make a pomegranate syrup. So I boiled it to reduce it. Except, I went a little too long and wound up with what I can best describe as a slow moving blob.
It had the consistency of taffy, and a gorgeous ruby color, even if it never met it's end in a champagne glass.

The second one tasted delicious, but a word to the wise. When making little polenta shells, make sure they are either a bit crispier or don't over oven them, otherwise they fall apart.

No comments: