5/12/2005

Lavender Pecan Chicken...

As I was cleaning house recently, I realized I have a butt load of cookbooks. I love cookbooks, I actually enjoy reading them like novels...curl up with a good Italian recipe on a rainy sunday and all that. But I realized I haven't been cooking as much as I like so I decided I was going to try one new recipe a week.

This weeks recipe came from The Lavender Cookbook - Lavender Pecan Chicken with Apricot Rhubarb dipping sauce.

Now, I had to make a few adjustments, mostly because the farmers market was out of rhubarb and I forgot a few other things from the recipe, but I improvised on the dipping sauce and it didn't turn out half bad. The chicken came out very good, slight hint of lavender, and warm nuttiness. Not as crispy as I would like, but I think I can fix that for next time.

All in all, I give the recipe an 8, my version a 7. And definitely going to try it again.

g

No comments: