8/02/2005

Eat Local Update...

Ok, so August has begun and I have "finalized" my rules for the Eat Local Challenge. So far the things giving me issues include sugar, flour and cereals/grains, citrus fruits and yougurt. Most of this I can't go a month without so I am planning on doing organic for those (pretty much already do). I will say my first day was pretty bad, had leftover diner omelette for breakfast and lunch involved the remaining Marlin from dinner, but the corn was local. Day two was a bit better and our whole dinner was from Jersey.

We did our first excursion on Saturday to aquire some of our local food. A failed trip to Lucy's Pasta led to a slightly detoured trip to Griggstown Quail Farm where we picked up some quiche, poussin's and local honey. Two Brothers ravioli rounded out some of our purchases at the farm across the street.

I can't say it enough, I had some more of the chicken from Griggstown. It really tastes different than run of the mill supermarket chicken. And I can't even take the credit for this cause we bought a pre-marinated one and all I did was broil it for 25 minutes. I highly reccomend everyone to take a trip to Griggstown and try some. All yummy stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ms. G...

Our friend Tom gave me a link to your blog a while ago and I've been meaning to drop by to say "hi" - nice to see you out there doin' your thing like you do! :)

Where IS this farm in Griggstown? (i live close by in princeton...)

Hope this finds you well dollface!

D