8/15/2005

Planning a vacation...

As August is halfway over, I realize I need a vacation. It's been over two years since J and I went on a trip longer than 4 days (and although I love his family, our weekends to his parents just don't count as a vacation). Last summer he had just switched jobs so time was limited. This winter we kept putting it off and with weddings and my mom's surgery we figured the summer would be a bust. But of course, we realized that we haven't made plans for fall and time is growing short if we're going to squeeze some fun in before winter holidays arrive.

So here's the question - where do we go? Saving for the wedding and a house, we're thinking somewhere close that we can drive to. Not against camping for a few days, in fact love the vacations that involve a few days in the woods and a few days in a city. We like wineries and breweries, can't tear me away from a good craft or agricultural fair, and love finding fun little things like the Scottish Festival in Maine. Any suggestions from anyone out there?

G

1 comment:

Cate said...

We're doing a cruise to Bermuda in November, and I CANNOT WAIT! Not really foodie-themed though, if you come up with any ideas, let me know. ;)