1/21/2006

Breaking Up is Hard to Do...

We had been together for years. We had gone through so much. I hate the thought of not being there, but I had to give it up. The relationship just wasn't working for me anymore, and there were better offers out there. So I ask, is it wrong to want to write a Dear John letter to your cell phone provider?

I've been a member of Working Assets for years. Long Distance, wireless - I even have their credit card. At my previous job I used them as well for our phone banks. So when our new home phone was giving us issues (been staticy and noisy since we moved in - even after Verizon has "fixed it" 3 times), we decided to go to the digital phone and just grab the "triple play" package offered through the cable company. And, J and I decided it was finally time to go on the "family plan" for wireless the best offer came if we stuck with his current provider. So in one day I cancelled both my long distance and wireless with Working Assets.

And it hurts. I know it's silly, but I really liked them. Not just cause they sent me ice-cream when I first signed up. And not just because I knew they gave $$$ to progressive causes. But because everytime I called to do anything they were nice, kind, helpful and friendly. And the sales rep I dealt with through work was the same person for 4 years. Tell me that Verizon will have the same person for 4 years answering your calls and I've got a great bridge to sell you.

I want them to know that it was nothing personal. And I look forward to the day that I can go back to using them for all my phone needs. Until then, I'll just have to be satisfied with using the credit card and knowing that it was good while it lasted!

No comments: