1/04/2006

My First Souffle...

For Christmas, J and I recieved a set of souffle dishes and what better way to use them, but try a few dishes. For our quiet, romantic new years weekend, we explored a simple cheese souffle for the main course. Very basic, using a recipe from my latest favorite food guy, Alton Brown. It puffed anc crusted beautifully, and although it began to fall as I was perfecting my shot, I still think it looks as good as it tasted. Creamy, cheesy and wonderful with some champagne.

Not to be outdone with just a cheese souffle, dessert was a yummy molton chocolate cake, which while not a traditional souffle, I got to use the mini ones with the set. Keeping things mixed up a bit, we added cinnamon, cardamom and cloves, freshly ground thanks to R & J's present, to have a lovely wintery spiced cake. And who doesn't love icecream with their cake?

So, for my first attempts, I'd say I did pretty darn well. Oh, and using the tripod on the camera is completely helping my picture taking abilties as well, dontcha think?

g

1 comment:

KARCHAMB said...

There is a chocolate souffle with cardamum sauce recipe in Bon Appetit magazine this month... I saw it and thought of you -- let me know if you don't get it and I'll email you the details.