1/27/2005

Snow makes people stupid

I love snow. I am a winter girl through and through. Give me a good blizzard any day of the week, and not just for the snow days. I love how it gets so quiet when it's snowing. I love making stew, and chili, and other yummy foods that simmer on the stove and make the house smell good. And I love making snow angels, and snowmen, and walking through pine trees covered in white.

But I have come to realize that snow makes people stupid - or at least stupid when they drive (I have nothing to say about other times). Besides the "leaving 18 inches of snow on the top of the car" which I have discussed, there's the "oh my gosh there's snow on the curb so I have to drive 5 mph" people. Or my favorite, the lady I saw today get in the lane on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD so she could make a left turn.

Ok, anyone who knows the Douglass/Rutgers campus may appreciate this more. The jughandle at New Gibbons - very obvious a double yellow line down the middle of the road. But obviously this person thought "hey, I need to make a left, so I'll go to the left of the road". And she sat at the red light, in the lane where traffic would be coming head on, and put on her blinker.

Is it wrong of me to wish there was a car coming from the Nicholas side of the intersection?

1 comment:

Smelmooo said...

Not wrong at all... Survival of the Fittest... hopefully she will get wiped out another way.